Job Posting: Applications Technologist
We are hiring! If you enjoy reading our TECH talks and are interested contributing to them in the future please consider joining our team! Contact Brook Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Manildra USA Headquarters, Leawood, KS
Reporting to: VP Product Development and Marketing
This position is responsible for daily lab activities, application development, and providing technical support for sales, marketing, and customers. Primary projects will be formulating and evaluating ingredients in the baking category, though crossover to other food products will occur.
Travel for this position will be up to 25%.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Obtain a thorough understanding of the Manildra portfolio to optimize ingredient use in a variety of applications. Become the subject matter expert on ingredient functionality in order to support application development, both internally and with customers.
• Execute food applications research and testing to support sales strategies and Company
initiatives. Obtain thorough data collection and provide written reports demonstrating technical depth and understanding.
• Complete customer projects identified by sales or technical teams, from lab analysis to finished report and presentation. Translate research and data collected to share with pro-spective customers.
• Provide support for research initiatives, testing new products to identify new market op-portunity. Explore new technologies or new ways to utilize existing resources to create value-added opportunities.
• Provide technical and QA support to manufacturing facilities.
• Keep lab maintained in a neat and orderly manner to facilitate customer meetings and presentations. Maintain appropriate documentation for lab programs.
• Providing technical information and support to assist sales force with new business op-portunities.
• Provide key preparation and support for tradeshows, customer meetings, etc.
• Present technical data and information at customer sites, tradeshows, and conferences as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Bakery, Food, or Grain Science.
• 0-5 years of experience in bakery or food industry.
• Understanding of ingredient functionality and product formulations.
• Strong interest in food product development.
• Ambitious self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit.
Contact Brook Carson at email@example.com